That Which Is Detached.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Locking myself in the only room where I can drown out their shouts. In here, I can pretend that the only thing alive is my phone. The only thing that talks to me.
I've looked in the mirror, but only scars look back at me. Little love taps that still bleed. I am them, but they are not alive anymore. Only the device in my hand.
You're inside the screen. Your words are the only sounds I will bear. It vibrates and I feel your touch. It rings and I hear your voice. Yes, I am still here.
Locked inside, I only smile at you. I am not alive but I feel as if I am. I know I should be. You say something, and my face lights up. At least you're still alive. Inside these cages, at least you still hold my hand.
Locked inside, I only listen for you.

No comments: